Just a Gloomy Wednesday

I’m back at work on this gloomy Wednesday (despite being awakened last night at 2:45am by a torrential downpour, followed by a flash of lightning and a loud clack of thunder) but I was off Monday and Tuesday and here’s how that went…

Sunday morning sunrise(which is cool because usually I’m already at work during sunrise and never get to see it):

Sunday after work I went to my friend Susan’s house and saw her chickens and she took me to her neighbor’s house to see how she raises goats and chickens and everything in between.  It was awesome and left me wanting goats (which she offered to give me one).  “No, I don’t know how this goat got here.  And no I didn’t build this goat pen on your property. And no I didn’t see it jump on your car.”  Here is the little kid that is about 3 weeks old:

Also, a little chickie:

Susan and her husband also have a garden with lots of veggies and fruits.  I’m jealous of them living somewhere you can plant a lot of things.  I can only grow things in planters because of where we live now (one of many reasons we want to get out of our house).  It’s a nice house but not for us.  Next weekend I will be replanting the peppers and tomatoes in individual pots as they are getting bigger and looking good. 

On the way home the other day I had to come to a complete stop to avoid ducks crossing the road:


I got a lot of stuff done including my regular running, yard work, laundry, grocery shopping, etc.  Yesterday was my long run day.  I ran 12 miles, my longest yet.  The problem with running long distances is that it takes a long time and in Florida most of the day is too hot to run.  I got up at 6:30am and headed out to run around 7pm.  I was still running a little after 9am and it was awfully warm out.  I’m going to have to come up with a new plan for my long distances as they get longer and the weather gets warmer.  (If I lived in Vermont, this would not be a problem.) 

Yesterday, I decided to skip a few of my usual chores (cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen, straightening up, etc.) in order to get other things done.  I did a lot of yard work; weeds are out of control!  I pulled weeds for an hour or so, mowed the lawn, trimmed the hedges (PS I really need an electric hedge trimmer if we stay in this house much longer though hopefully this won’t be a problem), and watered the plants.  So, I finished up everything and as Ashley and I were cooking dinner the phone rings.  It was our realtor!  After I get over the initial shock of her calling, she tells me that she has a friend that wants to show the house.  I knew this would happen because I didn’t do all my cleaning but we are happy to show the place none-the-less.  So, after dinner we ran around cleaning and straightening things up and it is ready for it’s showing today.  Hopefully, Joseph can make some magic happen.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s